I had a brownie recipe that I was going to post today. But I figured I should follow up Monday’s post with a somewhat healthy recipe. 🙂 I’ll post the brownies next week. They are divine!
I guess you could say I’m a shrimp fanatic. And by shrimp I mean all seafood. And by all seafood I mean mostly shellfish. But honestly, I don’t discriminate. I do love all seafood and sushi makes my heart skip a beat. I could eat sushi every day. Sushi and pizza for the rest of my life and I’d be a happy camper.
These shrimp tostadas are one of our go to menu items. Since I love shrimp I always have it on hand. I find it to be one of the easier meats to work with. You just peel the tail off and cook it. Or you can buy the precooked and you’re set!
Oh! And I finally figured out how to do printable recipes! Yay! So you will find the printable recipe at the bottom of the page in case you are a “print it and save it in your recipe box” kind of girl. 🙂
* 6 tostada shells (I just buy a whole big package and use them throughout the month)
* 1 can refried beans
* 1 pound shrimp, tail removed and deveined
* Sweet & Spicy rub, and/or garlic powder
* Shredded cheese
* 1 avocado
* Sauce of your choice (we like Cholula or salsa)
* Coat half the shrimp in sweet & spicy rub and half in garlic powder (or you can go with any seasoning of your choice)
* Skewer shrimp and cook on the barbecue, about 10 minutes, just until pink (if you use precooked shrimp cook them about 5-8 minutes until they are heated through) and flipping half way through
* While shrimp are cooking, heat the beans in a small saucepan on medium-low heat until heated through
* Spread heated beans onto tostada shell
* Add 5-6 shrimp, then cheese, avocado and sauce.
A super easy, and super tasty summer grilling recipe.
You can also cook the shrimp in a skillet on the stove for about 5 minutes and forego the barbecue if you aren’t in the barbecue mood. 🙂