I love me a good blueberry muffin. Don’t we all? There’s just something about them that reminds me of summer and home. We had an abundance of blueberries this year thanks to our blueberry picking adventure, so I knew I’d be using them in some recipes.
These blueberry muffins are moist and bursting with blueberry goodness. I love to grab one on the way to work or have as an afternoon snack. But let’s be honest here, I pretty much eat them throughout the day. Nothing lasts long in the Huebner house.
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 eggs, room temperature
* 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (if you use frozen, do not thaw)
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or parchment paper.
* In a large bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar.
* Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla.
* In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
* Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk (flour, milk, flour, milk, flour) until just combined.
* Fold in the blueberries.
* Fill each muffin cup until almost full.
* Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins just start to brown.
* Let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove from pan to cool completely.
If you’re looking for other blueberry recipes, try my Blueberry French Toast. It packs a punch of blueberry deliciousness!