These fresh strawberry muffins are a family favorite. They are so simple to make and something everyone will enjoy.
Yep, that’s right. These fresh strawberry muffins are fantastic! And I would definitely recommend using fresh strawberries. You can use frozen, but there’s nothing like the taste of a fresh strawberry. Costco had a 4 pound flat for $5.99 last week, so I knew I’d be trying to make strawberry muffins at that price!
As a kid, strawberries were my favorite fruit. We didn’t get them a lot because my mom thought they were expensive (vs apples, we always had apples. The little tiny red ones that have very little flavor. And green grapes. To this day I still dislike green grapes.).
This was my first time every trying a strawberry muffin recipe. Yep, first time. And I’m so happy with how they turned out. So, so good!
I may have eaten 2 right out of the oven. I could not stop at one they were so good! And I may or may not have had one with my coffee yesterday morning as well because why not? I just can’t quit you strawberry muffins!
I diced my strawberries pretty small, but left a few bigger pieces in there to get a good strawberry flavor.
- 1 (+ a little extra) cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tin. This recipe yielded me 11 muffins.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix milk, oil, egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the strawberries to the flour mixture and gently mix to coat.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine. Make sure all the flour gets mixed in.
- Fill your muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely, or enjoy warm with a cup of coffee or glass of milk.
- Muffins served fresh are the best, but these can be stored in an air tight container up to 5 days.
These are the perfect muffin for a brunch or for breakfast. Or really anytime.